Welcome to the TAA Obituary Challenge. From now until February 15th, 2019, I will be accepting submissions for my writing contest. This is pretty simple. All you’ve got to do is submit the link to your blog post with your obituary.
On February 21st, I will choose a winner! The winner will receive $25 via Paypal.
This challenge/competition was inspired by the positive response that I have received to a post I made a while back. I basically wrote a little reflection about what I want to be remembered by when I die.
So here is what you’ve got to do:
- Write your obituary as if you died and your funeral will be tomorrow (in third person).
- Include a picture of yourself
- Email the link to email@example.com by February 15th
- You must mention this challenge, this post and my original obituary post (including a link) in an introduction or conclusion of the post that you submit
- Follow me on Instagram @emilykrings so that you see when I post the winner on February 21st
All submissions will be featured on my blog.
Remember, this is not meant to tell the story of your death or to be gruesome. It is to reflect on the life that you lived. Get creative. You can die at your current age or at an advanced age. If you choose an advanced age, please specify the year (like if you’re dying in 20 years, make the date of the obituary “February 15th, 2039).
If you’d like to incorporate excerpts of a eulogy from your funeral, please feel free.
I hope you guys have some fun with this and it allows you to reflect on the life that you are living. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me!